Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 April 2018

The 100 Season 5 "Eden" Review


Fans of The 100 rejoice for season 5 is here and for the first time ever i'm posting a review on it and i'm going to stick with the schedule i'm doing for The Walking Dead reviews so that's premier , mid-season finale , mid-season premier and season finale then now we've got that out of the way here is my review of the season 5 premier Eden.

The basic set up of this episode is it's six years since the season 4 finale earth is all but a wasteland and there are new threats to deal with. That's honestly the best way I could describe this episode since most of it is just catching up with the characters but I will say that the episode is pretty interesting.


Starring in the episode are Eliza Taylor , Marie Avgeropoulos , Bob Morley , Lindsey Morgan and Lola Flanery. I have to to say that this episode really is a tour da force for Eliza who really does a fantastic job she and Lola have great chemistry together and I cannot wait to see what else they got up to in the coming weeks and months.

There is a time skip as I mentioned before but a huge chunk on this episode episode actually takes place several weeks after the season 4 finale and for a large portion of the episode we just follow Clarke and that to me was when the episode was the most interesting because we got to see this headstrong character at her lowest moment and see how she would cope with that situation.


For this series there's shockingly not that much action with like I said a large portion of the episode spent catching up with the characters but when there is an action sequence for me it was very raw and grounded in reality but tho the action sequence didn't really last long in fact it was only a few minuets which when you take into account that the episode is forty five minuets long really doesn't take up that much time.

I have no idea who does the CGI for this show but bra and vo because the opening shot is freaking fantastic to look at it's not movie quality by any means but it's better then most of the CGI you'd see on television these days and for me that's better then nothing at all.


Overall this was a decent return for the series and it kinda serves as soft reboot for the show as well which honestly i'm ok with but I can see die hard fans getting angry with that but for me this episode gets a 7.5 out of 10 from me.



No comments:

Post a Comment