Search This Blog

Sunday 22 April 2018

Craig Of The Creek Review


Hello their Cartoon Network fans this has been a review long in the making and it's also a review i've been waiting to do since it's a really good show so here is my review of the new Cartoon Network show Craig Of The Creek.

The show is episodic so the premise of the show is basically Craig and his friends get into adventures at a creek.For some reason when I watched the pilot episode it reminded me alot of Disney's Recess and honestly the same is true for this series and that's not a bad thing at all in fact it's part of the show's charm.


The show stars Phillip Solomon as Craig , H. Michael Croner as J.P. and Noël Wells as Kelsey but is really interesting is that for the pilot and the first three episodes Kelsey was voiced by Georgie Kidder and there's no given reason as to why they switched her out. The acting in the show is pretty decent and I like that they got an actual kid to play the main character and Phil does a good job voicing Craig.

In all honesty there's nothing really bad I can say about the show apart from the fact that it's way to short this series really should have been a full twenty two minuets since that would allow the stories more time to breathe instead of moving at breakneck speeds but honestly that's my only major complaint.


This show was made in house by Cartoon Network and was thus animated by Cartoon Network Studios and i've seen the list of shows they've made and damn that's a lot of good shows back to the animation tho this is show is really well animated I know that comes across as me being surprised but i'm really not since this is the same studio that animated Steven Universe and Adventure Time.

Now I know alot of people are going to say that the characters look like Steven Universe characters but to me that kinda makes sense since the creators of this show  Matt Burnett and Ben Levin did write episodes of SU so it makes sense that that show would influence how some of  the characters look in this show.


For some reason I remember alot of people talking about the pilot of this show which for some unknown reason is not uploaded on the official Cartoon Network Youtube page but i'm glad that I watched the pilot the first chance I had because if not I feel like I would have missed out because the way the pilot played out it was just screaming to be picked up for a full series and it's very rare that you see a pilot like that.


For me the best character in the whole show period is Kelsey I just love the fact that she's really over dramatic and she's basically into Game Of Thrones which is my show (#TeamDany4Life) and for me she is not only the groups strategist but she's also the crazy one of the group and that only makes me love her even more.

The show for me is really freaking funny like really funny and while you do get jokes in their for little kids i'm sure that there are some jokes in their that are for adults but there's a chance that I might be wrong and the jokes are so well written which is something i can also for pretty much all of the characters and I say pretty much because J.P. is just the typical dumb kid character.


Overall I highly recommend you check out this show trust me you will not disappointed just set aside a few hours and binge watch a a dozen or so episodes you'll love it for me this show gets an 8.5 out of 10.  







  


No comments:

Post a Comment