Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 October 2022

Trick Or Treat Scooby-Doo! Film Review

 


Scooby-Doo fans we finally have a brand new direct to DVD animated Scooby-Doo movie which after the cancellation of Scoob: Holiday Haunt can only be a good thing. I have to very fully admit tho that I straight up forgot all about this movie until last night when I saw that it was releasing today and so then join me as I review the film that gives us a new art style for these films with the film in question being called simply just "Trick Or Treat Scooby-Doo!" enjoy.

The plot of this film is when the gang capture the mastermind behind all of their villains costumes they find themselves haunted by a new ghost and have to team up with the creator of all of their villains costumes to help them to solve this mystery. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad with this films plot being genuinely quite entertaining and was rather fresh and different in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.  


Starring in this film is Frank Welker as Scooby Doo , Rudy , Fred Jones and Nefario and Grey Griffin as Daphne Blake , Daisy , Musketeer #1 and Olive. Also starring in this film is Matthew Lillard Shaggy Rogers , Craggly and Captain Cutler , Kate Micucci as Velma Dinkley and Helga , David Lodge as Warden Collins , Harry The Hypnotist and The  Inspector , Myrna Velasco as Coco Diablo and Dee Bradley Baker as Esteban , Mr. Wickles and Cat Man,

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. With all of the regular cast not only doing a good job of voicing their regular characters but also doing a good job of voicing all of these brand new characters as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



Doing the animation for this film was the legends and the greats that are currently over at Snipple Animation. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good with this film now taking on the art style that was first introduced in Scooby-Doo And Guess Who.


One of the things that I really didn't like about this film is the fact that it didn't go all the way with one of it's ideas. I'm not going to spoil what that idea is exactly but it's such a cool idea that it would have made the movie all the more interesting however for some reason the movie just doesn't go all the way with this idea instead opting for a cheap cop out of the idea in the films rather epic third act which is a shame because it would have been rather interesting to have seen this really cool idea play out all the way to the very end of the film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

I have to very fully admit that when they announced that Scoob: Holiday Haunt was being cancelled a very small part of me thought that would also mean the very end of these direct to DVD animated Scooby-Doo movies. Since the new boss at Warner Bros has shown very recently that he doesn't care for animation all that much and the fact that the same boss only cares about the bottom line a part of me thought that we wouldn't be getting a new movie but i'm glad to say that isn't the case and I hope that we get more of these in the future because they all some rather fun movies to watch around Halloween time in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


With all of these direct to DVD animated Scooby-Doo movies they all seem to be loosing the art of telling a good mystery and in some respects that's also true for this film. Since even tho this film does indeed have a pretty good twist to it's mystery it doesn't give you any clues so that you can't work it out for yourself who did it and why and that's a shame because that's what Scooby-Doo was best at doing and because of that it taught kids the art of deduction and that's something that these recent movies and TV shows just aren't doing at all in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then this film has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly one hour and seventeen minuets and thirty four seconds. Which is pretty much the bog standard running time for these direct to DVD animated Scooby-Doo films and to this films credit it really does make the most of it's running time and it really help that this film has some really good pacing and so it really doesn't like that it's that ling at all in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then since this is a comedy that means that I have to actually talk about the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty pretty good. With alot of this films jokes getting a big laugh out of me nd while yes there are indeed some pretty bad jokes in this film they are in this case in the minority and are not the overall majority of this films jokes in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall this was a really good film and while it's not as good as say Happy Halloween Scooby-Doo was it's still a very enjoyable film and is one that I can say alot of little kids finding to be rather enjoyable in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 6.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this  very review from the official Scooby-Doo fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personally preferred website that I personally preferred to use to get the images that I personally used in this very review being the official Scooby-Doo fandom wiki page since all of the images that are currently up and and featured / presented to us on freaking the official Scooby-Doo fandom wiki page are all fairly freaking high in freaking quality and as well as being very fairly freaking high in definition. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment