Search This Blog

Sunday 18 February 2018

My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Forgotten Friendship Review


Pony fans when I woke up this morning I had no idea that by the evening i'd be here writing up a review on the newest Equestria Girls special so here is my review of My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Forgotten Friendship.

As far as I can tell the special is an adaptation of the book A Friendship To Remember by Perdita Finn and just going of the MLP Wikia the special does seem to be really faithful to the book. The plot is someone steals the memories of Twilight , Applejack and the rest of the gang apart from Sunset Shimmer so it's up to her to find out who did it and get her friends back. I'll admit I knew who the villain was from about the half way mark it's not a good mystery at all but the story it self is pretty solid.


The film stars the great Tara Strong , Rebecca Shoichet , Ashleigh Ball , Tabitha St. Germain , Andrea Libman , Cathy Weseluck and Kathleen Barr. In all honesty there's not much I can say about the acting since these actors have been playing there characters since 2010 so of course they are going to know how best to play there respective characters and thus all of the actors do a solid job and it is nice to hear new dialog from these characters since we are nearly a month out before the season 8 premier.

I will say that unlike Magical Movie Night which was just the Equestria Girls TV series sold as a movie there is one plot this time around and the animation for a TV special isn't that bad but the issue I have with the animation is this is following the movie which had better animation so anything that came out after that is going to look cheap by comparison but with all of that said it is not see the familiar animation style of the show.


The best word I can use to describe this special is cute and in all honesty I think that's the best word to use this spin off franchise it's cute nothing more and nothing less altho it does make me wish that this spin off franchise was canon just because it would present more story telling possibilities but i'd fully understand if any of you pony fans didn't like that.

There's a few good jokes in the special I personally laughed at lot at Twilight for spoiler reasons i'm not going to reveal which version of her but if you've seen this special then you'll understand why I thought that there were alot of scenes in this special with Twilight that were so in character they made me laugh and for some reason this spin off franchise is now meta because they make a lot of meta jokes and they are all really funny.


Honestly at this point with the Equestria Girls franchise I do wish they'd try something different which I know they are doing with the toy line but i'm talking more about the films and specials just because after a while they all start to blur into one and they all start to feel like they are the same thing and not a different film or special.

Overall if your into MLP or if you know someone who is into this franchise then they might like it but at the same time even if you are into MLP you'll see nothing new here and you'll know where the story is heading and who the villain is so with all of that in mind and bearing in mind this is more aimed for little girls because heaven forbid the guys get something aimed at them in this franchise I give this special a 5 out of 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment